So yeah, I'm kind of a big deal now . . .

In order to get out of a research assignment that is sure to be dull and difficult, I have opted to do something else that is dull and difficult.
Sports.
No, not play them.
God no.
Read them.
For 92.9 KICK-FM.
You see, I am not you would call a sports fan, and unless it is curling or hockey, I pretty much draw a blank.
Then why read the sports you ask?
News was taken and I just love to deliver the news.
So there I was, new to the glamorous world of college radio.

What crossed my mind as I read the sports this week:
1.) I don’t know what NCAA stands for. 

2.) It doesn’t matter how many times I read it over, I cannot say Detroit Red Wings. I say it like this: Red Rings. I can’t help it, I could never say a word that starts with a W when a word that starts with an R comes before. Another example, red wine. Can’t say it. It’s red rine. 
3.) If you can’t say a name, YouTube is there to save the day. 
4.) What the heck is the sweet 16? 
5.) If you don’t have enough sports news, the newswire, Dave Hollier, or John Gaudes are there to save the day.  
6.) Why do I have to mess up at least 38 times before I can read the sportscast decently?  
7.) You know what would make this better? Red rine . . . I mean red wine. 
8.) Edit suites aren’t the place for  you if you are a generally hot person.  
9.) I still don’t know what NCAA stands for.  
10.) I know more about curling than any other sport.

I would like to thank the newswire, Dave, John, and Garth for helping me with the sports. You’re all stars. But not Dallas Stars because they stink. 


These are some of the photos from my last bonspiel in 2009 in Winnipeg Beach with Melissa, Nicole, and aunt Maggie.  






 

0 comments:

Post a Comment