The Magazine Fair Was No Drag

Yesterday was the magazine trade fair at Red River College and from 11-2 the Atrium was packed. I was amazed by how many people thought our makeup artist was actually a woman and was shocked how quickly our free lube from Love Nest got scooped up.

Some shout outs and congrats.

A huge congrats to Lomo, Burlap, and to my great friends at Thingamajig for winning best layout, content, and overall magazine. You all deserved it.

I would also like to thank my group (Chuka, Daniella, and Judy) for working so hard to make Tuck and Tape all that it is. You all did a phenomenal job and should all be very proud of yourselves.

To Daniella and her boyfriend for making the cupcakes. Chuka for coming in early with me to set up. To Judy who made a great poster for the booth. There are many more things you all did and I am thankful you did.

Jynx for being our lovely cover model and who made time to come to RRC and give makeovers.

And to all the other groups. I have heard so much positive feedback and you all made the fair absolutely amazing.

What crossed my mind at the magazine fair:

1) How does our drag queen makeup artist look so much better than me?
2) After Larry Partap referred to lube as “love chap,” I began to question whether or not he knew what it was.
3) This magician is blowing my mind right now.
4) Duncan likes his toenails painted?
5) How many cupcakes, cookies, and jellybeans do you have to eat before you go into a sugar-induced coma?
6) C Petts acts like he is all prim and proper, but he is actually just a big clown.
7) Tuck and Tape that shit.
8) I have only seen one magazine fair before, but I am pretty sure that this is the best one ever.
9) Wanna design your own T-shirt? Heck yes I wanna!
10) A trade fair isn’t complete until you have beaver cookies, Sunny D, and meatballs.
11) How does our drag queen makeup artist look so much better than me?

Thanks for all who came and supported the first year CreComms. Check out some of the photos.
















0 comments:

Post a Comment