Mother Mother + Me = True Love



This is long overdue, but on April 6th, I went to see Mother Mother at the Garrick with my CreComm friend John and they were pretty phenomenal. I was feeling under the weather so I sat in the seats, but I don’t feel that because I wasn’t standing by the stage, I enjoyed it any less.

I have yet to listen to the entire Eureka album because I haven’t purchased yet, but I still knew some of the songs from it and recognized and appreciated the fact that Mother Mother played a mix of songs from all three albums.

This was my first time seeing Mother Mother, but I would definitely see them again. They sounded absolutely stellar on their albums but are a great deal more impressive in person.


What crossed my mind watching Mother Mother:
1) I love that they came out when called for and encore. Bands that don't just comes off super douchy. Luckily Mother Mother has a plethora of crazy good songs, that they could play all night. They played three songs for their encore and I just wanted them to go on and on and on.
2) The opening band Whale Tooth was a fantastic choice. 
3) The men who fall up stairs. Why is there no one that knows how to climb stairs? That last one is a doozy. In their defense, out of all those who fell, none spilled the drinks they were holding. Bravo. 
4) If I wasn't so stuffed and sick I would be slammin' back some Keith's. 
5) Bustin' out the sax. I appreciate that. 
6) The men who crowd surf. Crowd surfing is never a good idea. Although, it is funny for everyone when you fall. 
7) Winnipeg really is a small town. At the relatively tiny Garrick, I found three other people from my tiny town. 
8) Don't get #3 and # 6 together, people will get hurt. 
9) I feel old. For some reason there were many young kids there. Not young as in 12, but between the ages of 15 and 20. Yeesh. 
10) The best concert I have been to, until I go see the Black Keys in July. 

Enjoy this little Mother Mother diddy.




And this one too while you’re at it.





0 comments:

Post a Comment