Live Hit Derby: Any Last Words?


No last words because I forgot them. 


Live Hit Derby is something that all CreComm students have to do. It is when you have 10 minutes to look over a story that is brand new to you, from there you are put in front of a camera where you have one chance and one chance only to deliver your story. It is harder than it sounds. 

I crutched up and told my story on Canadian charities.  I didn’t do as well as I had hoped and stumbled a few of my words to say the least.

What crossed my mind at live hit derby:

1) A charities story? I’ve got this in the bag.
2) What! Three minutes until I am on? I don’t got this at all.
3) How can my mind be blank? Where is that piece of paper? 
4) Maybe if I pretend to faint I could get out of this thing.
5) Though I didn’t succeed, my fellow classmates all did phenomenal. 

Way to go everyone! Especially Tristan Field-Jones, John Gaudes (a.k.a. Robert), and Andrew Parker who I think will place top three.

I can only compare my experience to this kid.



5 comments:

HAHAHA Hey, if anything you can say you have better hair than that kid! But seriously you were good, in fact you were Gold! (in case you're wondering in my head, I said that in your voice)

 

Laura, I admire you and all first year students for getting up there, no matter how you felt or what you were thinking.
Next time you'll ace it. And the time after that, and after that, and on and on ...

 

Thanks Duncan, that makes me feel better.

Alex, you are priceless. I didn't realize Gold! was a catch phrase of mine. You'll be hearing it for a whole new term We'll be Gold!

 

Oh my this is hilarious yet painful, why didn't they cut him off and cut to some weather? I'm sure you did better than this. Poor kid.

 

Ha, it was bad but not this bad.
When I was up there it felt like this though.

 

Post a Comment