I Can't Help But Love It



Coronation Street is the world’s longest running soap opera and a great one at that.

If I can help it, at 6:30 I am watching Corrie. When I can’t catch it during the week CBC plays the weeks worth on Sunday morning.

I have been a Corrie fan for ten years and what I love are the characters are just ordinary people who do not wake up in the morning with perfect hair and makeup like the men and women on American soap operas.

My favourite characters are Becky Grainger, Blanche Hunt, Steve McDonald, and Janice Battersby.

My favourite story line so far has been the most recent one when Joe McIntyre planned to fake his own death because he was in heavy debt. Joe concocted this genius plan to collect the insurance money so his ‘collectors’ wouldn’t break his legs. In faking his own death, Joe actually dies. His wife Gail Platt, who wouldn’t go along with Joe’s scheme was devastated when he disappeared. Gail thinks he has just carried on with his plan and will come to his senses. Meanwhile back in Weatherfield, Joe’s daughter Tina, who just got engaged is wondering where her dad is. His body has just washed up to shore and we’ll see next week what happens.
I also cared a great deal for the Tony Gordon killing rampage. Classic soap opera.

When I tell people I like Coronation Street I get mixed reactions. Reactions such as a frown, a look of disgust, or laughter.

I encourage you to give it a watch, you might get hooked.

What crosses my mind while watching Corrie:
1)     I wish I could just stop in at the pub at lunch for a pint or two.
2)     If I could have anyone’s hair on the show, I’d have Fizz’s.
3)     Ashley Peacock, you are a snooze.
4)     I’d live in the Rover’s Return. Upstairs with Liz.
5)     Commercial for Coronation Street Monopoly? Dream come true.
6)     I real want a packet of crisps.
7)     I can’t lie; talking with an accent crosses my mind every time I watch the show. Then I do it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment