Mamma Mia!

I won tickets to go see Mamma Mia when I entered a contest with Breakfast Television. BT played a compilation of ABBA songs and the viewer had to name all of them. After I had won them, the only person that I would think of taking is my gran who loves the theatre. I was even going to buy tickets for me and my gran, but they were really expensive. Luckily, I won them.

Here are nine things that crossed my mind when watching Mamma Mia.


1) Are they really singing?
2) Why my gran wasn't allowed a drink in the theater and the lusty old gal two rows up was allowed to bring in her XL Timmy's. I love my gran and do not want her dying next to me of dehydration. 
3) Whether or not my gran's car is going to get ticketed because we only paid for two hours but were were going on three.
4)Why no one dresses up to go out anymore. I tortured myself with pantyhose and miss track suit over there is . . . well, wearing a track suit. Have you no shame?
4) If anyone keeps their program. And if they do where do they have a special place for these things? Like a program album?
5) They can't be singing; it sounds too good. 
6) Is that the girl from Glee?
7) How my gran would react to a ticket on her car. Would she be in such a good mood because of the show and not worry about , shouting "Dancing Queen" while spinning around the parking lot? Or would she sob crying out "Money Money Money?"
8) I think I saw someone with red wine. I want red wine.
9) They didn't sing Fernando.

With that said, I highly recommend Mamma Mia. The performers are energetic, dressed to impress and very funny.

4.5 stars out of 5.  (If they sang Fernando it would be a five.)

5 comments:

lol @ miss track suit! Did your gran get a ticket?

 

Luckily she did not. Thank goodness!

 

I was once stuck in a hospital waiting room, where I saw Mama Mia TWICE. Noooooooooo!

 

tracksuits.. tsk tsk. work those nylons baby!

 

I came out of that show so high on the music that it wouldn't have mattered to me if I'd gotten a parking ticket! (That high would, of course, have worn off by the time I had to pay the ticket...)

 

Post a Comment