Why I admire Dawna Friesen


Friday was rushed. Rushed to get to school, rushed to the loan office, rushed back to school for another class, rushed to work, rushed home where I rushed to get ready in one hour for my limo pick up. Through some friends (Rachelle and Krystalle), I procured a ticket to a RRC alumni dinner where Global National anchor Dawna Friesen was the MC.

So I get there with my friends and step into the Fairmont. I spotted Dawna Friesen and wanted to talk to her right away but didn’t want to seem like the crazy chick, so I waited until after the dinner. After chatting and getting advice from Sylvia Kuzyk, I met Dawna Friesen. She took the time to talk to the students, ask us questions, answer ours, give us advice, and take pictures with us. It was all amazing.

Why I admire Dawna Friesen.

1.) She is from a small community, like I am. It is inspiring to see that, even though you are from the middle of nowhere, if you try hard you can make it.
2.) She is a woman and she is great at what she does. Dawna chose to have a career, which is refreshing to see; I think that there is a lot of pressure on women to have a family. Dawna does have one, but she waited until she was established first.
3.) Gives good advice. She told us to take any little jobs that we could  because we never know who we could meet, and where the job could take us. She also said do not be afraid to move and told us that we could do it too. 


I was a tad star struck by the whole thing, meeting someone that inspires me so much. Never thought I would be getting advice from Dawna Friesen. 

2 comments:

I always thought you would be famous. I remember a project you did for me...you wanted to be an actress. Remember? And I believe I said, "Let's check out what you need to be a reporter." I wonder if I kept that project. I read it a while ago, and I want you to know how proud I am of you.

 

Aw, thanks Mrs. Moore. I think I remember that. Hopefully I will be a reporter one day.

 

Post a Comment