WTF Winnipeg Transit?

I blog to you mildly outraged at the service of Winnipeg's bus rapid transit. I know, join the club. But hear me out.

I take a 65 at 8:05 to school which usually stops at the doors of Red River College; today the bus stopped two blocks before the school where I was informed that it was the last stop. I wouldn't usually complain about walking the two extra blocks to school, except I have a broken ankle and am on crutches, which makes it extremely difficult to get around anywhere.

As I waited for my walk sign, the bus took off with it's Not In Service sign on. I witnessed the bus roll in front of the school and stop for a red light. The bus stopped right in front of the stop that I would normally get off at which bothered me because I asked the bus driver if he would drive by the school.

When I finally arrived at the school I was a baffled, exhausted, sweaty mess as I talked to Steve Vogelsang who suggested that I blog about this incident and write a letter to the Winnipeg Free Press which I will do.
I will keep you posted.

What crossed my mind as I got off the bus and hobbled to school:

1) Really? That just happened?
2) Is it because I am not pretty enough that he didn't give me a ride the extra two blocks?
3) Is this policy?
4) He definitely didn't give me a ride because I was a hot mess.
5) What will I do next Friday when I take that same bus and he tells me to get off?
6) I wish Emily, John, or Mike were here to fill up my water bottle for me.

3 comments:

That's happened to me before where I was at the last stop or the last on the bus, but usually the bus driver turns the sign to "not in service" and drives the route until everyone was off... I'd be pissed too!

 

I would definitely write to the Free Press regarding number six. That's an outrage!

In all due seriousness, I'm very surprised. Normally, Winnipeg Transit drivers are courteous and understanding. It will be interesting to see if you generate any buzz by writing to the Free Press...

 

THAT'S TOTAL BS!

... bad service duh

 

Post a Comment